What are our Day Services?
Our day opportunity service offers support to adults with learning, physical and complex care needs the opportunity to access a variety of activities within the centre and within the local community.
The people who attend the day service can help to plan their own week with activities of their choosing.
Our service offers support to those accessing college course, voluntary work placements and vocational studies. We access a wide range of activities and groups in the local community including:
- Voluntary work in charity shops
- Outdoor pursuits
- Understanding money
- Access sensory centres
- Develop skills in cooking and meal preparations
- Attend discos
- Travel training
- Days out to numerous leisure attractions
- Network with our other services
Day opportunities support people to get the most out of your day and your budget, through activities at the centre and within the local community so you can lead a happy and fulfilling life without limitations.
Our person-centred approach:
Our person-centred approach is set out to empower the people we support. We create a culture for all to achieve outcomes and to become as independent as possible with successful integration into the local community. At Select Lifestyles we strive to achieve this through our core values:
- Empowering people to live the life they want.
- Creating and sharing meaningful experiences with every encounter.
- Building relationships on trust and understanding.
- Striving to remove any potential barriers to continue to achieve outcomes and goals.
- Always treating people with dignity and encouraging everyone to reach their true potential.